At Kent Homes, family comes first. We value that every employee has a healthy work-life balance. Our recruiting and hiring process is top tier as we value not only the skills but also the personality, coachability, and potential of our candidates. Kent Homes seeks proactive, positive, and passionate team members who are going to bring smiles and positive attitudes everywhere they go. We also offer a fantastic 401k plan and benefits program for our team. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Kent Homes team, please feel free to contact us below.
Do you have a strong attention for detail, organization, and able to juggle several tasks at once?
If you are a self-starter and can multi-task like a pro, this job may be for you! If you have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely people-oriented, and are highly motivated, keep reading!
Kent Homes, an award-winning builder who has been in business since 1989 and loves what they do, is seeking a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for our main office located in Wilmington. This person will have excellent people skills to handle communication articulately and professionally with homeowners/employees/trades/vendors, have great organizational multitasking, must be detail oriented, good computer aptitude, and the willingness to learn. Most importantly, this person will understand how to give homeowners the highest level of customer service possible. Position is Mon-Fri 8-5p with salary and benefits.
***Please read the directions below on how to apply for this position***
Please email email@example.com with your resume with the subject line of Kent Homes – Administrative Assistant Position.
Under the general direction of the Office Manager completes tasks as outlined below.
• Open and distribute mail, monitor, and manage postage machine
• Answer phones and greet clients
• Be responsible for common areas
• Prepare Project Management Walk binders and Client Walk folders
• Update CMRS weekly
• Keep stock of office supplies
• Update company phone log
• Attend weekly Admin & Accounting Meeting
• Send Start Schedule to employees, trades weekly
• Print and post reports in conference room weekly – not during COVID-19
• Create and print reports for the company as requested
• Communicate with current and past clients who have inquiries on their home
• Manage truck registration renewals, update spreadsheet as needed and pay for truck maintenance.
• Upload payments to the client portal
• Assist with Management on tasks
• Manage ARB, Permitting documents throughout build process
• Manage Construction Bond refunds through Final Inspection Approval, communicate with AP and homeowner
• Send client information to Landscaper at start of job
• Send Foundation Surveys to Brunswick County once received and approved by PM
• Pay reinspection fees and follow up with POA violation notices
• Research new Scattered Site neighborhood requirements for POA, Zoning, Permitting
• Submit new Elevations to POA/ARB for approval
• Keep build process moving in a timely manner by ensuring documents are submitted on time. Making runs to neighborhood if needed
• Process Monthly Draws and upload to BUILT System Software – Liaison to lenders
• Follow up on CWA’s and Draw request payments
• Order foundation survey if lender required and send Builders Risk COI to lenders
• Scan and file invoices paid for the week
• Stuff checks into envelopes and take to post office
• Handle all incoming checks from homeowners (CWA’s, Draws, Deposits and Final Balances notify clients by email when checks received by mail)
• Managing Construction Bond from Clients and refunds back to Clients
• Send ACH reports to Vendor Payroll on Friday’s by 11am
• Manage Guild Quality Surveys
• Monthly Builders Risk report
• Update Scorecard weekly
• Update 12-Month Rolling Average spreadsheet monthly
• Track employee’s PTO
• Assist with Qtrly Reviews spreadsheet for VP of Production
• At Job Start: Apply for Prior Cut-On as requested by Project Managers
• At Job Start: Apply for Gas Underground through Piedmont Gas
• At Job Start: Apply and pay for T-Pole and Underground
• Manage payments for re-inspection fees and C.O.’s
Sales & Marketing
• Process Purchase Agreements & other sales contracts
• Order homeowner gifts
• Attend Event Planning meetings and assist in future company events
Position requires daily interface with customers of Kent Homes and as such this position must be viewed as a company “good will ambassador”. This position is salaried with benefits.
***Please read and follow the directions below on how to apply for this position***
If you would like to apply for this position, please email the following: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume with the subject line of Kent Homes – Warranty Manager Applicant.
• Update the customer service system daily. Updates and maintains the accuracy of all Customer Service reporting tools.
• Proactively prevents defects in homes prior to closing.
• Accepts home into warranty from Production.
• Diagnoses new service requests with Homeowners.
• Perform initial warranty walk through with the Homeowner. Attend all pre-drywall meetings with the Project Manager
• Promote to all Kent Homes personnel the principles of superior customer service and in recognizing that “Wow” service often requires a “shocking level of response”
• Communicate and project the Kent Homes, “We care” attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
• Coordinate the scheduling of all customer service work with Homeowners and vendor partners after determining needed action.
• Perform Quality and Control walks before the Homeowner Orientation per the schedule set by the Construction Manager.
• Personal organization skills to manage 10 to 30 service order requests simultaneously.
• Perform minor home maintenance work such as drywall, painting, and caulking.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
• Technical construction ability to diagnose and resolve field problems.
• Ability to handle problems with people and accept the need to professionally resolve conflict.
• Ability to perform and train others on service issues including common problem diagnosis and basic construction repair techniques.
• Organizational aptitude to manage the scheduling and dispatching of service work requests.
• Computer aptitude and willingness to learn to track service data to constantly improve our material specifications and field construction techniques.
• Maintains survey scores at goal or better.
• Maintains number of average service orders per homes under warranty at goal or less.
• Maintains average days service orders are open at goal or less.
• Manages warranty dollars spent per homes under warranty at goal or less
• Manages actual delinquent service orders at goal or less